Established with funding from DENSO Corporation, the electronics lab supports projects conducted by CAR researchers, engineering students and project teams. Typical work is in the areas of data acquisition, signal conditioning and control.
Tasks completed in the lab include: designing and building custom electronics circuits for interfacing sensors or control devices, prototype creation of electro-mechanical devices and assistance setting up the electrical and electronic systems in specialized labs throughout the center.
- Work benches instrumented with power supplies, oscilloscopes, wave form generators and meters
- Milliohmmeter, electronic loads, sensors and amplifiers
- Bench top printed circuit board fabrication system
- Soldering and de-soldering equipment for both through-hole and surface mount assembly and rework
- Various electronic and electrical components
- Electronic and mechanical hand tools