Energy Storage Facilities
CAR facilities are equipped with the state of art equipment and can support different aspects of battery testing
- Cell testing
- Low Voltage: 0-5V
- Wide Current range: µA to 800A
- Wide test profile capabilities: Custom profiles (voltage/current/power), long term continuous cycling
- Module testing
- Up to 60V, to include 12 and 48V module systems
- 40kW power limit; Up to 1200A
- Pack testing
- 250kW, 900V cycler for battery packs
- Additional capabilities
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS)
- Multi-electrode cell testing
- Temperature control
- Thermal chamber: Chamber with both temperature (-70 to 190°C) and humidity control
- Peltier Junction: Thermo-electric junction to control the surface temperature (-20°C to 50°C) of the cell allowing for isothermal tests.
- Liquid Chiller: Capabilities to test and validate liquid cooling based thermal systems for cells and packs.
- Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) and Software-In-the-Loop (SIL) capabilities to simulate system models and evaluate control methods: cell-in-pack simulations, BMS evaluation, etc
- Spot welding capabilities for pack prototyping
- In-house machining for cell fixtures, thermal systems, prototyping, etc...