Dwight Blaser Meritorious Service Award
A special citation presented annually to individuals whose sustained and extraordinary personal services have had a significant and lasting effect on the advancement of Ohio State’s Center for Automotive Research.
Awardee must have shown both extraordinary effort and sustained interest. Examples of activities which will be favorably considered are: fund raising, alumni organization work, substantial giving, participation in strategic and technical planning activities, support of research, extraordinary recruitment activities. Active Ohio State faculty and staff are not eligible. For emeritus faculty, the citation would be based principally upon activity performed after retirement. The recipient need not be an Ohio State alumnus.
Dwight Blaser, PhD, was an alumnus of The Ohio State University. He was also a retiree of the General Motors Corporation where he served as the director of research and development. Additonally, Blaser had been a member of the CAR External Advisory Board since its establishment in the mid-1990s. To recognize Blaser’s generous gift of time, experience and wisdom, CAR created an award in his name.
- 2017: Peter Olin, chief engineer for Delphi Advanced Engineering Americas and John Kirwan, chief engineer for Delphi Powertrain Advanced R&D
- 2016: Lori Herman, Global University Research Programs (URP) manager, Ford Motor Company
- 2015: Gary Parker, Director, Powertrain Systems Cummins Inc.
- 2014: Cynthia Bonsignore, Sponsored Program Officer, The Ohio State University College of Engineering
- 2013: Dave Tatman, General Motors Bowling Green Assembly Plant Manager, General Motors Corporation
- 2012: Rick Renwick, Chief Engineer, Ford Motor Company Global Engine Engineering
- 2011: Kenneth P. Dudek, CEO, CAR Technologies, LLC
- 2010: Robert E. Lee, Senior Vice President, Chrysler Group, LLC
- 2009: James Wolever, Chief Engineer, Honda America Manufacturing
- 2008: Mark Schwabero, President, Mercury Marine