Dwight Blaser Meritorious Service Award
The Dwight Blaser Meritorious Service Award is presented annually to individuals whose sustained and extraordinary personal services have had a significant and lasting effect on the advancement of Ohio State’s Center for Automotive Research (CAR).
Dwight Blaser, PhD, was an alumnus of The Ohio State University. He was also a retiree of the General Motors Corporation where he served as the director of research and development. Additionally, Blaser had been a member of the CAR External Advisory Board since its establishment in the mid-1990s. To recognize Blaser’s generous gift of time, experience and wisdom, CAR created an award in his name.
- 2019: Transportation Research Center Inc.
- 2018: Yann Guezennec, Professor Emeritus, The Ohio State University College of Engineering
- 2017: Peter Olin, chief engineer for Delphi Advanced Engineering Americas and John Kirwan, chief engineer for Delphi Powertrain Advanced R&D
- 2016: Lori Herman, Global University Research Programs (URP) manager, Ford Motor Company
- 2015: Gary Parker, Director, Powertrain Systems Cummins Inc.
- 2014: Cynthia Bonsignore, Sponsored Program Officer, The Ohio State University College of Engineering
- 2013: Dave Tatman, General Motors Bowling Green Assembly Plant Manager, General Motors Corporation
- 2012: Rick Renwick, Chief Engineer, Ford Motor Company Global Engine Engineering
- 2011: Kenneth P. Dudek, CEO, CAR Technologies, LLC
- 2010: Robert E. Lee, Senior Vice President, Chrysler Group, LLC
- 2009: James Wolever, Chief Engineer, Honda America Manufacturing
- 2008: Mark Schwabero, President, Mercury Marine