Dwight Blaser Meritorious Service Award
A special citation presented annually to individuals whose sustained and extraordinary personal services have had a significant and lasting effect on the advancement of Ohio State’s Center for Automotive Research.
Awardee must have shown both extraordinary effort and sustained interest. Examples of activities which will be favorably considered are: fund raising, alumni organization work, substantial giving, participation in strategic and technical planning activities, support of research, extraordinary recruitment activities. Active Ohio State faculty and staff are not eligible. For emeritus faculty, the citation would be based principally upon activity performed after retirement. The recipient need not be an Ohio State alumnus.
Dwight Blaser, PhD, was an alumnus of The Ohio State University. He was also a retiree of the General Motors Corporation where he served as the director of research and development. Additonally, Blaser had been a member of the CAR External Advisory Board since its establishment in the mid-1990s. To recognize Blaser’s generous gift of time, experience and wisdom, CAR created an award in his name.
- 2016 Lori Herman, Global University Research Programs (URP) manager, Ford Motor Company
- 2015 Gary Parker, Director, Powertrain Systems Cummins Inc.
- 2014 Cynthia Bonsignore, Sponsored Program Officer, The Ohio State University College of Engineering
- 2013 Dave Tatman, General Motors Bowling Green Assembly Plant Manager, General Motors Corporation
- 2012 Rick Renwick, Chief Engineer, Ford Motor Company Global Engine Engineering
- 2011 Kenneth P. Dudek, CEO, CAR Technologies, LLC
- 2010 Robert E. Lee, Senior Vice President, Chrysler Group, LLC
- 2009 James Wolever, Chief Engineer, Honda America Manufacturing
- 2008 Mark Schwabero, President, Mercury Marine