Tuesday, August 30
*Registration and Information desk open from 7:30-17:00 in the lobby of The Blackwell Ballroom
7:30-08:30 Registration open outside of The Blackwell Ballroom (2nd floor)
Coffee / tea and light snacks available at registration
SPONSORED BY: PACCAR
- Vehicle Dynamics and Control, chaired by Tulga Ersal – The Blackwell Ballroom
- 10:00-10:20 – Vehicle Model Predictive Trajectory Tracking Control with Curvature and Friction Preview (Paper TuAT4.1)
- 10:20-10:40 – Vehicle Control with Cloud-Aided Learning Feature: An Implementation on Indoor Platform (Paper TuAT4.2)
- 10:40-11:00 – Dynamics-Based Optimal Motion Planning of Multiple Lane Changes Using Segmentation (Paper TuAT 4.3)
- 11:00-11:20 – Automatic Track Guidance of Industrial Trucks with Time-Variant Vehicle Parameters Using AI-Based Controllers (Paper TuAT4.4)
- 11:20-11:40 – Automation of Agricultural Grain Unloading-On-The-Go (Paper TuAT4.5)
- 11:40-12:00 – Autonomous Driving Using Linear Model Predictive Control with a Koopman Operator Based Bilinear Vehicle Model (Paper TuAT4.6)
- 12:00-12:20 – Assessing E-Scooters Safety and Drivability: A Quantitative Analysis (Paper TuAT4.7)
- Energy Storage and Charging, chaired by Jason Siegel – Pfahl Hall, Room 140
- Challenges of a Fast Diagnostic to Inform Screening of Retired Batteries (Paper TuAT3.1 –
- Battery Power Prediction for Protecting Droop Cells from Over-Discharging (Paper TuAT3.2) 20-10:40 –
- 10:40-11:00 – State of Charge Estimation for Lithium-Ion Batteries Using Extreme Learning Machine and Extended Kalman Filter (Paper TuAT3.3)
- 11:00-11:20 – Lithium-Ion Cell Ageing Prediction with Automated Feature Extraction (Paper TuAT3.4)
- 11:20-11:40 – Experimental Investigation on Lithium-Ion Battery Cells for Model-Based Thermal Management Systems (Paper TuAT3.5)
- 11:40-12:00 – DC Fast Charging Optimization for Capacity Fade Minimization (Paper TuAT3.6)
14:30 Coffee break
- Fuel Cell and Alternative Energy Vehicles, chaired by Christoph Hametner; co-chaired by Marco Sorrentino – Pfahl Hall, Room 140
- 15:00-15:20 – Predictive Control Framework for Thermal Management of Automotive Fuel Cell Systems at High Ambient Temperatures (Paper TuBT4.1)
- 15:20-15:40 – Predictive Battery Cooling in Heavy-Duty Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (Paper TuBT4.2)
- 15:40-16:00 – Adaptive Energy Management Strategy to Avoid Battery Temperature Peaks in Fuel Cell Electric Trucks (Paper TuBT4.3)
- 16:00 – 16:20 – Impact of Energy Management Strategy Calibration on Component Degradation and Fuel Economy of Heavy-Duty Fuel Cell Vehicles (Paper TuBT4.4)
- 16:20-16:40 – Verification and Improvement of Flexible Mathematical Procedures for Co-Optimizing Design and Control of Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicles (Paper TuBT4.5)
- 16:40 – 17:00 - A Prototype Car Converted to Solar Hybrid: Project Advances and Road Tests (Paper TuBT4.6)
- Position, Navigation and Timing Security in Highly Automated Vehicles, chaired by Zak Kassas; co-chaired by Charles Toth – The Blackwell Ballroom
- 15:00-15:20 – A Formal Safety Characterization of Advanced Driver Assist Systems in the Car-Following Regime with Scenario-Sampling (Paper TuBT3.1)
- 15:20-15:40 – Kalman Filter-Based Integrity Monitoring for GNSS and Signals of Opportunity Integrated Navigation (Paper TuBT3.2)
- 15:40-16:00 – Cooperative Navigation Strategy for Connected Autonomous Vehicle Operating at Smart Intersection (Paper TuBT3.3)
- 16:00 – 16:20 – Collaborative Navigation: Supporting PNT System Operational Anomaly Detection (Paper TuBT3.4)
- 16:20-16:40 – Entropy Based Metric to Assess the Accuracy of PNT Information (Paper TuBT3.5)
17:00-19:00 – Free time – Please feel free to use Pfahl Hall 202 at any time, except Monday between 15:30-17:30, as a quiet workspace
18:45-19:00 Walk to Gate 7 of Ohio Stadium
Wheeled transportation available as needed.
Please make prior arrangements at the registration and information desk by Tuesday, August 30 at noon.
Nicknamed “The Shoe”, due to its horseshoe shape, The Ohio Stadium marks 100 years of fellowship for our Buckeye Nation, as well as being the home field of our beloved Ohio State Buckeyes Men’s (American) Football team!
We’ll have Red Coat Usher Tours of the press box at the stadium, as well as chance to go onto the field for pictures and possibly a safe cartwheel or two?
Complete with appetizers, wine/beer hosted bar, a plated dual entrée dinner* and dessert, we’ll be serenaded by another local band, the Greg Wolfram Trio, led by Greg Wolfram on guitar, Addison Smith on drums, and Bradley Mellen on bass.
*Entrées served: Grilled petite filet with red wine sauce and Fine Herb Roasted Airline Chicken with garlic pan sauce; served with Boursin whipped Yukon potatoes and chef’s choice seasonal vegetables, mixed green salad with dressings on the side, and assortment of desserts.
*Vegetarian entrée: Cauliflower Pancakes with eggplant and summer vegetable ratatouille and goat cheese dressing.
Logistics: given the proximity of Ohio Stadium to The Blackwell, we will only have wheeled transportation upon request. It is a 0.1 mi walk from the front door of The Blackwell to Gate 7 of Ohio Stadium, where we will enter.
- If you do need wheeled transport, please reach out to Jennifer at Humphrey.email@example.com and she will take care of you!
Dress code: Business, i.e. suggested tie and jacket or dress pants/pantsuit/dress of your comfort. This event will be a mix of out-of-doors and air-conditioned spaces.