- Professor, Mechanical & Aerospace Engr
201 W 19th Ave
Columbus, OH 43210
Honda Initiation Grant.
Gary Anderson Early Achievement Award.
Lumley Research Award.
- L. SHU, M.J. Dapino, P.G. Evans, D. Chen, Q. Lu, 2011, "Optimal design and dynamic model of a Galfenol-driven composite beam." Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures (In review)
- R. HAHNLEN and M.J. Dapino, 2011, "Development and characterization of NiTi/Al metalmatrix composites using ultrasonic additive manufacturing." Composite Structures (In review)
- A. MAHADEVAN, P.E. EVANS, and M.J. Dapino, 2011, "Sensing effect of polycrystalline Galfenol alloys." Applied Physics Letters (In review)
- S. BHARADWAJ and M.J. Dapino, 2011, "Influence of tangential excitation waveforms on ultrasonically controlled friction reduction." ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics (In review)
- P. EVANS and M.J. Dapino, 2011, "Dynamic model for 3-D magnetostrictive transducers." IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 47, no. 1,
- J. XU. D. Gallego-Perez, M.J. Dapino, and D. Hansford, 2011, "Design and development of a micropillar acoustic sensor with extremely large stress constant." Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering (In review)
- C.D. HOPKINS, M.J. Dapino and S.A. Fernandez, 2010, "Statistical characterization of Ti/Al composites made by Ultrasonic Additive Manufacturing." ASME Journal of Engineering Materials and Technology 132, no. 4,
- J. XU and M.J. Dapino, 2010, "Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) microphone based on a crosshair pattern with area ratio amplification." IEEE Transactions on Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, and Frequency Control (to be submitted)
- J. XU, M.J. Dapino, D. Gallego, D. Hansford, 2009, "Microphone based on Polyvinylidene Fluoride (PVDF) micro-pillars and patterned electrodes." Sensors and Actuators 153, no. 1,
- N.N. SARAWATE and M.J. Dapino, 2008, "Frequency dependentstrain-field hysteresis model for ferromagnetic shape memoryNi-Mn-Ga." IEEE Transactions on Magnetics 44, no. 5,
- A.P. MORTENSEN and M.J. Dapino, 2007, "Hybrid acoustictransducer employing magnetostrictive composite and ferroelectricmaterial." Journal of Sound and Vibration 307,
- R.C. Smith, S. Seelecke, M.J. Dapino and Z. Ounaies, 2006, "A unified framework for modeling hysteresis in ferroicmaterials." Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids 54, no. 1,
- N. SARAWATE and M.J. Dapino, 2006, "Experimentalcharacterization of the sensor effect in ferromagnetic shapememory NiMnGa." Applied Physics Letters 88,