- Graduate Research Associate, Cntr for Automotive Research
1330 Kinnear Rd
Columbus, OH 43212
Mohammad's research interests include the design and control of Autonomous and Intelligent Systems, and Dynamic Probabilistic Risk Assessment methods for model Verification and Validation. More specifically, his work examines the design and assessment of risk significant scenarios for Unmanned Aircraft Systems operating in the National Airspace, and Intelligent Vehicles operating in urban environments.
Prof. Umit Ozguner, Prof. Tunc Aldemir
- Hejase, M., Kurt, A., Aldemir, T., Ozguner, U., Guarro, S.B., Yau, M.K. and Knudson, M.D., 2018. Dynamic Probabilistic Risk Assessment of Unmanned Aircraft Adaptive Flight Control Systems. In AIAA Information Systems-AIAA Infotech@ Aerospace (Accepted).
- Hejase, M., Kurt, A., Aldemir, T., Ozguner, U., Guarro, S.B., Yau, M.K. and Knudson, M.D., 2017. Quantitative and Risk-Based Framework for Unmanned Aircraft Control System Assurance. Journal of Aerospace Information Systems.
- Hejase, M., Kurt, A., Aldemir, T., Ozguner, U., Guarro, S.B., Yau, M.K. and Knudson, M.D., 2017. A Quantitative and Risk Based Framework for UAS Control System Assurance. In AIAA Information Systems-AIAA Infotech@ Aerospace (p. 0882).
- Guarro, S.B., Yau, M.K., Ozguner, U., Aldemir, T., Kurt, A., Hejase, M. and Knudson, M.D., 2017. Formal Framework and Models for Validation and Verification of Software-Intensive Aerospace Systems. In AIAA Information Systems-AIAA Infotech@ Aerospace (p. 0418).
- Guarro, S.B., Yau, M.K., Ozguner, U., Aldemir, T., Kurt, A., Hejase, M. and Knudson, M.D., 2017. Risk Informed Safety Case Framework for Unmanned Aircraft System Flight Software Certification. SYSTEM, 10(11), p.12.
- Guarro, S., Ozguner, U., Aldemir, T., Knudson, M., Kurt, A., Yau, M., Hejase, M. and Kwon, S., 2016, June. Formal Validation and Verification Framework for Model-Based and Adaptive Control Systems. In NASA Formal Methods Symposium (pp. 227-233). Springer International Publishing.
- Hejase, M., Oguz, A.E., Kurt, A., Ozguner, U. and Redmill, K., 2016. A Hierarchical Hybrid State System Based Controller Design Approach for an Autonomous UAS Mission. In 16th AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration, and Operations Conference (p. 3294).
- Drak, A., Noura, H., Hejase, M. and Younes, Y.A., 2015, February. Sensor fault diagnostic and fault-tolerant control for the altitude control of a quadrotor UAV. In GCC Conference and Exhibition (GCCCE), 2015 IEEE 8th (pp. 1-5). IEEE.
- Hejase, M., Noura, H., and Drak, A. Formation Flight of Small Scale Unmanned Aerial Vehicles: A review. Published in the edited book 'Control Theory: Perspectives, Applications and Developments'. Nova Science Publishers, 2015.
- Drak, A., Hejase, M., ElShorbagy, M., Wahyudie, A. and Noura, H., 2014. Autonomous Formation Flight Algorithm and Platform for Quadrotor UAVs. International Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, 1(4), pp.124-132.
United Arab Emirates University, B.Sc. Electrical Engineering, 2014.
- NASA Pathways Engineer - Intelligent Systems Division at NASA Ames Research Center (2017-present)
- 1st Place in 8th IEEE UAE student competition – Design of a Guided Vehicle System (2014)
- 1st Place in the 2013 IEEE Engineering Students Ethics Competition (2013)
Soccer, Tennis, Cooking, and Hiking.