I am a Senior Research Associate Engineer with Center for Automotive Research (CAR) at Faculty of Engineering, The Ohio State University. I received my BSc in Electrical Engineering with Honors from University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan and my MSc in Electrical Engineering with Honors from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore, Pakistan with the thesis titled “Design and development of Microwave Telemetry and Telecommand System for Aerial Vehicles”. I received my Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering (Major in Control and Optimization) from Capital University of Science and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan. My PhD dissertation was on “Electric Machine Control Design for Electric and Hybrid Electric Vehicles”. I have authored more than 30 international peer-reviewed journal and conference publications. I received merit award for my undergraduate studies. Moreover, I have extensive hands on experience in my area of expertise.
- Electric drives and their control algorithms development for traction and propulsion electrical machines
- Power Electronics (High Power Inverters and Converters)
- Controls and Optimizations
- Rapid Control Prototyping using Software-in-Loop (SIL) and Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) dSPACE setup.
- High Performance Integrated Powertrain
- Telemetry and Telecommand System for aerial and ground vehicles applications.
- RF and Communication