Student Benefits and Objectives
- Aligns with Smart Mobility thrust in OSU’s Office of Research.
- Volunteer research opportunities at grad and under grad level.
- Let UG students access AV technology from the very beginning.
- Focus on inclusive excellence- creating opportunities for underrepresented student(s)
- Hand-on training opportunities from industrial partners of the program
- Prepare and equip student for upcoming job market
- Competitive skills/job advantage over graduates of other universities.
The AutoDrive Challenge develops the next generation of autonomous vehicle engineering professionals through a keen focus on:
- Sensing and perception technologies
- Integration of AV compute platform
- Software development
- Deep learning
- Artificial intelligence
- Sensor fusion
- Navigation and mission planning
- Autonomous vehicle controls
Focal Design Elements
- Autonomous Vehicle Compute Platform
- Sensing – LiDAR, RADAR, Camera, GPS
- Image processing
- Functional Safety
- Vehicle CAN Communications
- Map utilization for navigation
- Mission and route planning
- Vehicle Control
- Project Planning
4 years- Industry style vehicle development process for demonstrating SAE J3016 Level 4 AV